Overlooked by the volcano and nestled in 12 acres of private gardens and woods, which lead to the hotel’s own pebble beach, above the shores of Lake Villarrica close to Pucón, Hotel Antumalal is a unique experience in itself, a true modern classic.
Built in the late 1940’s, Bauhaus style, Antumalal’s vibrant, modern architecture fits harmoniously with the setting. Walls of glass overlook the lake while light floods in, and wood-panelled walls, soft white carpets, fireplaces and unique 50’s style furniture create an elegant, clean ambiance enjoyed over the years by amongst others Neil Armstrong, James Stewart, Emma Thompson and the Queen & Prince Philip.
Each bedroom, panelled with native wood and warmed by a fire, has a wall-sized window for perfectly framed landscapes. Linens and rugs are locally made, and flowers come from the garden. Each en suite room has a fireplace, walk-in closet, bath robes, hairdryer, telephone, flat screen television, bathroom products and mineral water. Homemade chocolates await guests every evening.
- 13 double / twin-bedded rooms
- 1 suite with living room / library
- 2 family suites (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom)
- 1 Lake Chalet with 1 double room, 1 twin room and a shared bathroom; secluded setting beside the lake
- 1 Forest Chalet – 1 double en suite, 2 twin rooms sharing a bathroom, Living and dining room with a private terrace and spectacular lake and park view
- 1 Royal Chalet - 1 double en suite room with king size bed, 1 twin room and 1 single room each with own bathroom. The Chalet also has a large living room with a private terrace and small waterfall.
With breath-taking views of Lake Villarrica, the hotel’s restaurant offers a relaxed, romantic atmosphere for tasting fine food, or enjoying a cocktail while watching the sunset. Dishes are prepared with the freshest local ingredients, including seasonal organic produce that is harvested daily from the vegetable garden and greenhouse.
In Spa Antumaco - carved into natural rock - the original pool has been divided into two, creating indoor and outdoor sections. The sauna boasts a panoramic lake view and is complemented by a massage sensation shower and a hydro massage pool. A wide range of therapies and massages are on offer including Polarity therapy (from the only registered practitioner in South America).
Via the Hotel Antumalal´s own excursion agency, activities can be organised locally if guests wish; up the volcano (by car or foot to the summit!), into Monkey puzzle forests, or into hot springs and along clear, cool rivers. Car hire of the hotel’s own vehicles, and airport transfers, are available at reception.